|Japanese Name:||坂田 金時|
|Romanized Name:||Sakata Kintoki|
|English Name:||Kintoki Sakata|
|Epithet:|| Kin-Chan |
|First Appearance:|| Lesson 372 (Kintama's Lesson 1)|
Episode 251 (preview)
Episode 253 (full appearance)
|Affiliations:|| Yorozuya Kin-Chan,|
|Occupations:||Yorozuya's Substitute , Yorozuya Kin-Chan's leader|
|Japanese VA:||Nakamura Yuuichi|
Sakata Kintoki (坂田 金時 Sakata Kintoki) is the alternate character of Sakata Gintoki and is the main antagonist of Kintama Arc
He was built by Hiraga Gengai by orders of Kagura and Shinpachi who were mad at Gintoki for leaving them behind. In order for them to keep doing their work they decided to came up with ideas to make the perfect yorozuya substitute leader that would fill in Gintoki's spot when he was absent.
AppearanceKintoki has straight and golden hair and also light blue eyes. He wears the opposite color of Gintoki by having white boots, white shirt and pants with blue linings, and a black yukata with golden patterns worn sloppily, draped over his left shoulder like Gintoki.
All is opposite from Gintoki .
His personality is based on Gintoki as Gengai programmed him to be like him. He is described as "Gintoki ver. 2.0" or "Perfect Gintoki". He appeared to be a reliable and caring character which the whole Kabuki District loves him, however this could be Kintoki hypnosis.
Strength & Abilities
Like Gintoki, he wields a Bokutou and has the same fighting style.
He can send out hypnosis wave at humans but it doesn't work against animals or robots.
- Shimura Shinpachi: Shinpachi liked Kintoki just as much as he liked Gintoki and considered him a big brother. He and Kagura even begged Gintoki to spare him after finding out who Kintoki really is.
- Kagura: Kagura looked up to Kintoki and was very happy with him as the boss of the Yorozuya. She and Shinpachi even begged Gintoki to spare him after finding out who Kintoki really is.
- Sakata Gintoki: Kintoki became the famous when Gintoki was gone during the Baragaki Arc, in order to maintain himself famous, he decided to become the new protagonist by erasing memories of everybody who knew Gintoki by placing his version instead. When Gintoki appeared he decided to do everything in his power to maintain himself as the protagonist by making everyone hate him. When all his plans failed, he decided to return Shimura Tae's, Kagura's, and Shinpachi's memories so they can get a last chance to see Gintoki before he kills him. When Kintoki eventually lost to Yorozuya, he notifies to Gintoki that he will try again to take his place as the protagonist someday.
- Tama: He considers Tama an enemy for trying to aid Gintoki in his quest to gain back his place as the protagonist. Tama wasn't affected by his hypnosis wave and therefore never trusted him in the first place. Kintoki tried to kill her after finding out that she was on Gintoki's side.
He was created by Hiraga Gengai as a request from Kagura and Shinpachi during the Baragaki Arc when Gintoki was gone (as shown in Chapter 374 (Kintama's Chapter 3)). When Kintoki was finally completed he started leading the Yorozuya much better than Gintoki and gaining fame throughout the Kabuki District; Making the Yorozuya become popular. He also started manipulating everyone's memories replacing Gintoki to his own version.
When Gintoki went home, he found that his home has been conquered by a man with similar appearance with him, Kintoki. Not only that, Gintoki's presence also forgotten by them and even the Oedo except robots and animals, which is including Kintoki that the one who spreaded the hypnosis, because he was actually a robot. With the help from Tama and Sadaharu, Gintoki tried to take back his position.
- His character name is base from Japan folk Hero Kintaro .
- While Gin (Gintoki) means silver, Kin from his name means gold; the price of gold is higher than silver.
- He looks strikingly similar to Gilgamesh from Fate series.
- Ironically enough, despite being Gintoki's rival and perfect foil, he is voiced by Nakamura Yuuichi, who is known as a close personal friend of Gintoki's seiyuu, Tomokazu Sugita.