This special episode was released as an OVA in conjunction with “JUMP FESTA・ANIME TOUR '05（ジャンプフェスタ・アニメツアー'05, produced by Sunrise. The TV anime started airing in year 2006 4 April, initially on Tuesdays 7pm on TV Tokyo, before being moved to Thursdays from episode 25 onwards.
- Sakata Gintoki
- Shimura Shinpachi
- Shimura Tae
- Katsura Kotarou
- Kondou Isao
- Hijikata Toushirou
- Okita Sougo
- Yamazaki Sagaru
- The beginning of this episode is a repeat of part of Episode 3, when Shimura Shinpachi first met Sakata Gintoki.
- The seller of the mecha that Katsura commissioned mentioned that the designer is 大河原 邦男 Okawara Kunio -
- 大河原 邦男 Okawara Kunio is the mecha designer for MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM, acknowledged as the forefather of "mechanical designers", as opposed to character designers.
- He really is the designer for Katsura's mecha unit, his name is listed in the ending credits in this episode.
- Possible inspirations for the distinct 2-horned headgear on the mecha unit may have come from samurai armour helmet as well as GUNDAM's characters from the Principality of Zeon.
- For details, refer to Wikipedia Link.
- The 3 names listed as programme sponsors are:
- 集英社 Shueisha, the publisher of Weekly Shounen JUMP
- Mamushi Industry マムシ工業, this is a make-believe name. Mamushi is a type poisonous snake commonly known as the Japanese pit viper. The logo shown is that of a twisting snake.
- 大江戸テレビショップ Great Edo TV shop, another make-believe name, most likely referring to TV Tokyo. Edo is the old name for Tokyo.
- ED is using Terakado Tsuu's song 'Your mother is a XX!' 「お前の母ちゃん××だ!」 omae no kaa-chan XX da!.
- The end of the episode is a repeat of part of episode 29, which in turn makes some references to Bleach. For details, refer to Episode 29.
- This Ova is based on Lesson 17:The Shinsengumi outfit in manga version the shinsengumi wearing thier Japanese Clothes and anime version the shinsengumi wearing their uniform.