Katsura's faction go after Nizou to exact revenge for his attack on Katsura.
- In the narration in the beginning of this episode, it is mentioned that Benizakura is crafted by Edo's number 1 swordsmith Jintetsu. Therefore it can assumed that Tetsuya's handiwork is the bio-mechanical version, not the original. Tetsuya is the son of Jintetsu.
- Takechi mentioned that Katsura and gang, who in the past was a more violent faction, have recently turned moderate.
- When Tetsuko hit Gintoki off her motorbike in anticipation of him saying that the handle of the katana she forged looked like a pile of shit, Gintoki fell off shouting 'Kugimiya'. This is highlighted by Gintoki's seiyuu, Tomokazu Sugita, himself in the Nabe Special episode, and 'Kuigimiya' is referring to his fellow seiyuu Rie Kugimiya, who voices Kagura in the same series.
- Kagura asked for 1 year's supply of sukonbu and 「渡る世間は鬼しかいねえコノヤロー！！」 aka 'This world is filled with ghosts, you ba$tard !!' DVD - refer to Episode 30 for details on the origin of this family-drama series.
- The 挿入歌 feature theme song 「万事屋ブルース」 'Yorozuya Blues' is played after OP theme. The song and vocals for this song is listed as 灰津尾出男 in the ending credits. This name is actually a spoof :
- 灰津尾出男→はいつおでお →ハイツオーディオhaitsu odeo →Audio Highs